Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What A Creative and Inspiring Day

40 teams gathered at Nanyang Polytechnic early Monday morning at 8am on their very first day of the September school holidays! I was absolutely wowed by the teams! Waking up early when they could be sleeping in, all for their one chance to get into the Top 20! It’s noooo joke! And they had a long day ahead of them too. All the way till 7pm, these teams cracked their brain cells, squeezed their creative juice and fought the horrible Zzz-monster during wait time and especially after filling their tummies with food from lunch. Though it was a long and tiring day, it was nevertheless a very inspiring one (at least I know it was for me).

After the morning briefing in Theatre for the Arts, the group broke up into teams in the next room to work on their story and get ready for the pitch. After hovering around the room for 30 minutes, I feel so inspired and creative all of a sudden! The energy and high spirits from the 40 teams were infused into my body! It was surely an amazing feeling lah! I want to be able to sketch, design and think like them! So full of zest and omph!

That day, my main objective was to hunt for the right teams as my interview subject and pray hard that my foresight is accurate so that I can follow through the entire N.E.mation! journey with these teams. My selection of teams was based on my feel when I see them work together, my first impression on how passionate they are and whether or not their attitude was right. Of course, with some help from the judges, I asked them for their favorite story idea and then read through the 40 teams’ submissions to find my favorite too. So I landed myself with 8 teams out of the 40 which I hope to tag along throughout the competition. The entire day, I was hoping and praying hard that these teams (or at least some of them) will get through to top 20. And thanks to my good judgement *coughs* 7 of the 8 teams I picked got into the top 20! Wahahahaha! If only TOTO and 4D results are as easy to judge! LOL! I will continue to root for these 8 teams and hope for the best for them for super pitch on Saturday.

So what went on in the participants’ mind on the first day? How did they feel? What did they went through? All these and more will be updated soon! Come back again to find out in the next post! This post is just to whet your curiosity. LOL!

And also a quick shoutout to the fellow plurkers, tweeters and bloggers at N.E.mation! 4 whom I met today! Yes! I will be following you! Don’t forget to add me in facebook too! Join the N.E.mation facebook group too.

[Via http://nemation.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment